It’s been WAY too long since we last posted, apologies to everyone, but here is an email sent out to all students about closing! Of course, this entire email is wildly important, but what’s the most important piece? Halls close at noon on May 11. As Semisonic so wonderfully states it, “You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.”
Before we get into finals week we want to remind you that all University Housing facilities close on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 12:00pm. Here are a handful of important things to remember as you prepare to checkout:
- All residents must schedule a checkout appointment with an RA. University Housing staff will be in touch with all approved Extended Stay residents regarding transition housing and checkout appointments.
- All residents must clean their rooms thoroughly before they depart. See the Cleaning Checklist (attached) for a clear description of the cleaning expectations.
- Failure to complete all the items on the checklist will be noted on your Room Condition Report (RCR) and may result in a charge(s).
- Clean prior to checkout and save yourself some money.
- As you are cleaning please dispose of trash properly in the dumpster nearest your building. You will be charged for trash left in/around your room/suite/apartment. Your cooperation and assistance will help us keep the building clear and safe during this busy time of the year and will help make your checkout a speedy one.
- Sign up for checkout with your RA 24-hours in advance on the schedule posted outside your RA’s room. Failure to sign up 24-hours in advance may mean that you have to wait until an RA is available to check you out. Your RA is a student too and will be taking final exams; thus he or she needs this schedule for checkouts.
- Please note that you are to check out no later than 24-hours after your last final exam or by 12:00pm Saturday, May 11th whichever comes first (unless approved to stay for Graduation until May 12th at 12:00pm). Anyone remaining after 12:00pm without permission from University Housing will be charged a $100 Improper Checkout fee.
- Upon checkout with your RA, you will sign your Room Condition Report and return your room/apartment key(s). Failure to checkout properly with a RA will result in a minimum fee of $100. (Please note that this fee is in addition to any charges for damages and/or cleaning issues that may be found in your room/apartment upon checkout.)
- All students must take their bicycles home for the summer. Abandoned bicycles will be gathered up and turned over to the Coastal Cycles program.
Please remember that 24-hour quiet hours are in effect beginning at 10pm on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 and will remain in effect through closing day. Remember that other residents may be studying or getting much needed rest during this time, so be respectful of the others in your community.
We wish you the best of luck with your final exams. If you have any questions pertaining to Closing Procedures please ask your RA. Have a safe and enjoyable summer!